In current time, most people suffer from back pain and related problems. This back posture correction devicex helps the user by detecting wrong and correct back position and alerting them at the same time. The main components used in this device are an ADXL335 accelerometer and MSP430 microcontroller provided to us by Texas Insturments
- To ease back pain in day to day life.
- To provide a cheap of cost, easy to use and easily maintained device for everyone's use.
- To use MSP430 microcontroller as an interface between humans and machines.
- It uses MSP430 microcontroller s the interface between us the robot.
- It uses Accelerometer ADXL335 to detect 3D orientation of the user.
- Connections are made via jumping wires.
- The MSP-430 microcontroller is connected to Accelerometer ADXL335. Analog channels of MSP430 LaunchPad are used.
- LED and buzzer are connected to microcontroller.
- Right after the code is uploaded on the MSP430 microcontroller and the battery is attached. The microcontroller sends signal to accelerometer.
- The accelerometer sends back the x-axis and y-axis reading to the microcontroller.
- Microcontroller compares the current value with the values in correct posture and alerts the user accordingly using LED and buzzer.
I. Cost efficient
The device is made out of low cost material and maintenance is low. The rechargeable battery makes it easy to use it for a longer period.
II. Can be used by almost anyone
No previous knowledge of any kind is needed to control the robot since it is fully autonomous.
III. Throws light on future possibilities
The MSP430 paves way for future improvements in the model and narrows the gap between technology and humans.